Novoic's mission is to predict brain disease from the way we speak - decades before routine diagnosis. Their comprehensive speech analytics platform supports clinicians to identify and monitor subtle changes in speech patterns in neurological disease.
What you'll be doing
- Solving scientific problems that come up on a weekly basis and conducting literature reviews and other scientific work.
- Writing up high-impact publications from our clinical studies and their intersection with our machine learning research.
- Contributing to building out a pioneering, unconventional, objective, “follow-the-science” culture.
- Presenting synthesis of your own work in the team, and the most recent clinical neuroscience research at our journal clubs.
- Representing Novoic’s clinical work at conferences.
- Contributing as part of our scientific team to the design of analysis and publication plans for our clinical studies.
- Scaling into a scientific leader of a growing research team, pioneering an exponentially growing field.
- PhD or PostDoc in a clinical neuroscience field, such as neuroscience, psychiatry, neuroimaging, neuropsychology.
- Strong “scientific problem solving” and “scientific decision making”. First-principles thinking: understanding the subcomponents of problems at high abstraction level, and structure a tree of different solution paths using good scientific methodology.
- Proven publication record with significant contributions. Ideally (but not required) some in high-impact clinical journals such as Lancet and NEJM. Confident being a main contributor to paper write-ups.
- Competitive salary and equity options arrangement.
- 28 days of paid holiday.
- Flexible working arrangements, including hybrid remote work policy.
- A deep sense of meaning, having a significant role in changing the way brain diseases are diagnosed, improving the lives of millions.
- High degree of responsibility and the opportunity to grow into a senior role as the company scales.
- Personal development plan and half a day per week to work on your own projects.
- Authorship on high-impact papers.
- Paid attendance at top machine learning conferences.
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈