At Bicycle, our mission is to make a life-changing impact on patients suffering from cancer and other diseases. Each and every one of us has known friends and family members whose lives have been deeply affected by cancer.
What you'll be doing
- Assay development and implementation: to conceive, develop, optimize and run biochemical, biophysical and cell-based assays where appropriate, to characterize the binding and function of Bicycles and optimize for drug discovery applications
- Initiate, validate and implement assays as required for new projects across a diverse range of target classes, with a particular focus on immune-oncology
- Generate robust and reproducible data in routine screens to enable efficient project progression
- Analyse and critically interpret functional assay data to characterize the mechanism of action of Bicycles
- Conceive, evaluate and implement new technologies to extend Bicycle’s in-house assay capabilities
- To independently problem-solve, troubleshoot and identify next steps and solutions
- Presenting and reporting
- Work to existing SOPs and risk assessments and contribute to generating new ones as appropriate
- Record experiments accurately and diligently in electronic lab books and databases to allow efficient query, retrieval and decision making. Working with the database manager to add or improve functionality where necessary
- BSc or PhD in a relevant field plus assay development/screening experience from at least one role in a pharmaceutical or biotech setting
- Experience developing and running biochemical and biophysical in vitro assays
- Previous experience in a diverse array of assay platforms (e.g. fluorescence polarization, Alpha-screen, SPR, BLI, HTRF) and an interest in developing new technologies
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident and experienced in presenting to senior management
- Good computing skills in MS Office suite software. Experience in using data analysis software packages, databases ELNs e.g. Dotmatics and GraphPad Prism desirable
- Diligent in documenting work and adherent to data integrity requirements
- (Desirable) Experience developing and running in vitro cell-based binding and functional assays
- (Desirable) Experience with small molecule drug discovery projects and a robust understanding of the wider drug discovery process
Our Take On
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from ObviousJobs when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈