We're a technology company based in NYC on a mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient.
What you'll be doing
- As a Senior Data Scientist on this team, you will work with cross-functional leads to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space with a high degree of autonomy. You will synthesize user feedback and data to help guide the team’s product roadmap and lead the technical development effort for data products and analytics tools.
- Flatiron has built the most advanced real-world evidence platform in oncology. We are now in a position to use our data to uniquely inform clinical trial design to realize more efficiency and inclusiveness in clinical trials.
- You will be one of the founding members of our Real-World Data for Trials team, working closely with study sponsors and cross-functional teams at Flatiron to identify opportunities for our data to address major issues like increasing racial diversity, more efficient long term follow up and reducing patient / site burden in clinical trials.
- You will build prototypes and iterate based on user feedback with the goal of bridging the gap between clinical trials and real world practice, resulting in more inclusive and efficient trial designs. In addition, you'll also:
- Interface with external life science partners to understand what data they need to conduct high quality research
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Rapidly iterate on early stage products where a hybrid skill set of product intuition, customer empathy and technical expertise is essential
- Be responsible for taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production data products
- You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience in an analytical and technical capacity
- You have led large, cross-functional initiatives and excel at influencing decision-making without authority
- You have worked with open source data science tools and languages (Python/R)
- You have experience in a broad spectrum of data science/analytical techniques and are excited to apply them to solve complex clinical or business problems
- (Desirable) You have experience working with real-world data
- Solve problems that matter
- Be kind
- Start with why
- Think yes before no
- Focus on your customer
- Be willing to sit on the floor
- Know when to startup and when to scale
- Learn, teach and grow
- Do the right thing
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Our Take On
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈