Dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with inherited diseases through innovative gene therapy.
What you'll be doing
- Developing stable cell lines for LVVs;
- Designing, developing and improving process(es) (USP and DSP) for LVVs to deliver robust manufacturing platforms for early and late-stage clinical and commercial development;
- Developing and performing cell-based and biochemical assays to characterise LVV processes and products;
- Executing experimental plans, analyse and interpret experimental data, maintaining experimental results in relevant databases and writing technical reports;
- Providing hands-on technical expertise/scientific guidance to team members and supervision of junior colleagues;
- Contributing to the routine lab maintenance;
- Contributing to the transfer of stable cell lines and improved processes to GMP and assist with oversight of manufacturing activities as required;
- In-depth knowledge on the state-of-the-art of cell & gene therapy products and available technology, more specifically regarding viral vectors;
- PhD+3 years (academic/industrial) or additional industrial experience with development, manufacture and delivery of viral vectors, preferably retro and lentiviral vectors;
- Demonstrated skills and hands-on experience in tissue culture techniques and handling of adherent and suspension cell lines in different culture systems;
- Demonstrated skills and hands-on experience in molecular biology and vectorology, including cloning, standard DNA and RNA technology, analyses with qPCR, recombinant protein expression and assessments with SDS-PAGE, Western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry and others;
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with stable cell lines development for retro and lentiviral vectors;
- Demonstrated knowledge in designing and developing processes for LVV production and purification;
- Experience in developing and performing analytical methods for stable cell lines and LVV characterization;
- Use of more specialist lab equipment e.g. flow cytometers, cell counters, cell sorters, microscopes and imaging systems etc
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team, or independently as necessary;
- A minimum PhD or equivalent in biotechnology, process development, cell line development, cell and gene therapy, biological sciences, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Work from home opportunities
- Health insurance
Our Take On
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈