Dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with inherited diseases through innovative gene therapy.
What you'll be doing
- Working in the laboratory to develop and/or re-optimize new and existing analytical methods for the lot release and characterization of HSC-derived gene therapy products with specific cell-based potency assay development expertise.
- Routine operation of potency assays and other analytical methods to support characterisation of HSC-derived gene therapy products as required.
- Overseeing analytical method development and optimization with external partners as required.
- Execution, review and approval of method development reports, protocols and process documents as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of CMC regulatory submissions.
- Assisting with comparability protocol design and execution as required
- Minimum of three years of experience in the biotechnology or pharma industry with a primary focus on the development of analytical methods for product development, characterization and lot release testing.
- Demonstratable experience of development and optimization of cell-based assays (e.g. FACS, HTRF, ELISA, Luminescence, etc) for lot release and characterization.
- Demonstratable experience of engineering cell lines to include (e.g.) vector construction, exogeneous expression of cell surface receptor(s), single cell cloning, etc,
- Demonstratable experience of characterization and maintenance of transfected, clonal and primary cell lines.
- Knowledge of analytical method qualification and validation.
- Experience with the development and application of analytical techniques, including Capillary Electrophoresis, DNA sequencing, qPCR/PCR, ddPCR.
- Experience of the characterization and lot release testing of viral vector-based and/or cell-based products desirable.
- Sound understanding and demonstrated application of statistical methods/tools.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary industrial environment
- PhD in Biological Sciences, Bioengineering, Chemistry or an associated discipline or Masters of Science
- Work from home opportunities
- Health insurance
Our Take On
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈