bit.bio’s mission is coding cells for health. To do so, they apply the principles of computation to biology.
What you'll be doing
- Reporting to our Principal Scientist, the candidate will work with a team of scientists being a focal point within the wider R&D department.
- Working under the daily supervision of a principal scientist in a team of 5 on reprogramming of iPSCs to mature liver, pancreas and related cell types.
- Designing and executing experiments, plus analysing and reporting results.
- Working collaboratively with the wider R&D team on the development of core technologies and effective organisation of research (equipment, reagents, workflow).
- Executing our ambitious research programmes for the generation of all the human cell types in the dish using our unique reprogramming technology.
- Bachelor degree in cell biology, molecular biology or similar, plus minimum 1 year of laboratory experience in a rigorous research environment in industry or academic research lab.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture.
- Experience with basic molecular phenotyping of mammalian cells, including RNA/DNA extraction, RT-qPCR, immunofluorescent staining.
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cell culture.
- Knowledge and practical experience with stem cells or progenitors. Knowledge and practical experience with liver cells and related functional assays.
- Our current focus is to develop a scalable technology platform capable of producing consistent batches of every human cell. This has the potential to unlock a new generation of medicine: it will enable research and drug discovery to move on from inappropriate models and work with the cells that actually are affected by human disease. A scalable platform of consistent cells will also be the basis for a new generation of cell and tissue therapies.
- To achieve our goals, we have assembled a team of pioneers in stem cells, cellular reprogramming, mathematical modelling, and cell therapy.
- Collaboration is at the heart of bit.bio. We are empirical, highly ambitious and driven by a common purpose.
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈