Our mission is to deliver highly effective allogeneic immunotherapies based on the unique properties of Vδ1+ T cells with potential to provide additional benefits towards patient survival in the treatment of cancers. Our proprietary isolation and expansion protocols have the ability to selectively generate Vδ1+ T cell populations suitable for clinical application.
What you'll be doing
- Design, plan and lead research-orientated immunological activities related to the biology and engineering of γδ T cells and unconventional lymphocytes in order to support GDT’s pipeline discovery and development of anti-cancer T cell therapies including gene engineered approaches.
- Line management and development of a small team responsible for:
- Studying and describing the biology of γδ T cells and other unconventional innate lymphocytes.
- Process discovery and gene engineering PoC studies for novel early stage platform candidates.
- Design and implementation of a PD and CMC enabling data package including descriptive biological quality attributes to enable hand over of early candidates to process development
- Create discovery data to enable and ultimately support the filing of novel intellectual property.
- Work closely and support R&D colleagues responsible for gene engineering and vector production to enable gene engineering discovery research and process discovery as well as process development of gene engineered pipeline candidates.
- Educated to PhD level with at least 5 years experience, preferably in Biotech
- Prior working experience with unconventional lymphocytes, ideally γδ T cells
- Existing initial industry experience in the field of gene engineering pf lymphocytes
- Extensive practical expertise, including techniques such as primary T cell culture, gene engineering and cloning, real-time quantitative PCR, vector production, cell-based functional assays and immune assays, including multiparameter flow cytometry
- Flexible, pragmatic and practical, highly motivated to ensure that studies meet challenging timelines and able to propose practical, compromise solutions to problems
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative, planning and managing multiple and varied tasks and prioritize workload
- Commitment to high-quality research standards, with attention to detail and rigorous record keeping and data integrity
- Ability to work co-operatively with others, as part of a team, engaging constructively with colleagues at all levels to deliver objectives, using effective scientific communication skills
- Enjoys working in a structured environment and able to comply with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Good IT skills including confidence with use of scientific software
Our Take On
People Progressing at
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from ObviousJobs when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈