Build next generation computational technology that unlocks insights from each sample for doctors to optimize patient outcomes.
What you'll be doing
- Working on Data Warehouse, Data Lake and BI projects and architectures at Paige.
- Creating and implementing ETL pipelines that enables the extraction, transformation and transfer of large amounts of structured and unstructured data from various filesystems and databases, that are destined for the development of computation pathology algorithms.
- Handling the challenges that come with managing terabytes of data.
- Building tools to manage, automate and monitor our data and data processing infrastructure.
- Designing and developing software tools into existing resources. Be responsible for design, coding, testing, packaging, debugging, documentation and deployment of software systems.
- Working independently to produce required functional, technical, and user documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and technical specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training requirements) on assigned projects.
- Working and collaborating with data engineers, scientists, engineers, IT operations and medical doctors to build tools manipulating data in order to build a new
- Experience in architecting, implementing and testing data processing pipelines (e.g. Spark, Beam, ...) and data mining / data science algorithms either on-premise or on a cloud environment.
- Experience in administrating and ingesting data into standard data warehouses (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Microsoft SQL Server, Google BigQuery or Snowflake).
- Experience architecting data warehouses and/or data lakes for large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Extensive experience in Python programming, or related language.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience in packaging and deploying applications on-premise and in the cloud (e.g. AWS).
- Familiarity with modern development practices and DevOps.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience as a data engineer.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Retirement plan options.
- Commuter spending account.
- A generous vacation policy.
- Paid parental leave.
- Company swag.
People Progressing at
Lead backend engineer Promoted to Senior Engineering Manager at Paige
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈