GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid for businesses with recurring revenue.
What you'll be doing
- Developing coherent and performant data models that transforms large, complex and disparate datasets into the basis for explorable, understandable and accurate data products
- Building end-to-end BI solutions from ETL through to data modelling and on to front end dashboards
- Collaborating with engineers to prototype, design and build pipelines which take raw data from production systems and deliver them in a format suitable for analytic workloads
- Supporting people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through BI tools - we’re using dbt and Looker at GoCardless.
- Building BI tooling that fully leverages the capabilities of Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- Collaborating with BI Analysts and other data teams to create a data architecture that powers their deep-dive analysis to both test specific hypotheses and generate new business insights
- Collaborating with our team of Data Infrastructure Engineers to design and implement ingestion pipelines for new data sources, leveraging their tooling to expand the breadth of the GoCardless data warehouse
- You’re good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you’re working with
- You’ll have experienced the technical problems of setting up self-serve BI and be interested in the technology behind the scenes
- You’ll be able to demonstrate how you have automated repetitive tasks and built robust ETL pipelines
- You have commercial experience in a fast moving company
- You have excellent SQL skills and experience of scripting languages like Python
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. BigQuery, Snowflake) and working with data at significant scale
- You have a firm grasp of self-serve data tools like Looker, Tableau, QlikView or similar. We’re using Looker at GoCardless.
- You can communicate your work clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are as comfortable sourcing data from third party APIs as you are with discussing data modelling approaches
- Development budget
- We support flexible working, occasional remote working, and extended parental leave.
- Stay healthy and happy, with things like dedicated support for mental health, healthcare cover and free sports clubs.
People Progressing at
Joe started life at GoCardless as a Sales Development Rep, before going on to lead that team. He then helped grow our emerging markets and has since made the 10,500 mile move to Melbourne to head up our GoCardless Australia office.
How do you apply?
This job post is older than 30 days and the position is probably filled. Try applying to jobs posted recently instead.
Please mention that you come from Nimble Scientists when applying, so we can keep posting cool jobs!
Does this job need an edit? Let us know! 🙈